Monday, September 1, 2008

Chariot Stripped (Gavin DeGraw)

Since I enjoyed Gavin DeGraw's recent self-titled release fairly well, I decided to give his Chariot album a chance. I was happy to find a used copy of the 2-disc edition, issued with a "stripped" version of the album that ends with a rendition of Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come." Overall, the album makes for a good listen, both in original and stripped form. Some songs don't work quite as well in their stripped forms, but it still makes for a cool bonus disc. Highlights on the album include "Follow Through," "Chemical Party," and "I Don't Want to Be" and "Over-Rated."

Tracks:
1. Follow Through
2. Chariot
3. Just Friends
4. (Nice to Meet You) Anyway
5. Chemical Party
6. Belief
7. Crush
8. I Don't Want to Be
9. Meaning
10. More Than Anyone
11. Over-Rated

The stripped disc replicates this track listing in stripped versions, with final track "Change Is Gonna Come."

No comments: