Sunday, September 14, 2008

Song of the Day: "For the Girl"

ARTIST: The Fratellis
TITLE: "For the Girl"
YEAR: 2006

While I've had The Fratellis' debut album Costello Music for a while, I rarely revisited it after my initial listening. Upon recently giving it another shot, I became puzzled with myself, for there are a lot of really good songs on this album. The one which has emerged as a favourite despite me not even remembering it from before is "For the Girl," a track that wasn't released as a single but is incredibly good. This one racked up a few plays as I finally gave it the attention it deserves, and I hope others who may not have considered the music of The Fratellis in much depth before will do the same.

Hear it here. It can be purchased on the album Costello Music.

No comments: