Thursday, September 4, 2008

Set lists: Squeeze with Aimee Mann

It's been a while since I've had set lists to post, but on 3 September, I had the great pleasure of seeing Squeeze in concert at the Ryman auditorium. I love Squeeze so much it's not even funny. That's also why I bought my tickets way soon after they went on sale to the general public and ended up with a front row seat (as far as traditional seating goes - there were 12-20 chairs set up slightly closer than my row, but that's still plenty close for me!) Aimee Mann opened, and while I haven't really followed her solo career much, she also performed quite a set. I only really knew one of the songs at all well ("That's Just What You Are") but she did a good job of selling me her material. I'd mean that literally if I hadn't been a little too broke to buy one of the albums at the merch table since I'd already gotten too much before the show. One thing I also noticed was her radiant smile. Anyhow, overall, despite being put off by some of my fellow concertgoers, who apparently think it's a wonderful idea to crowd in front as the show progresses regardless of who might have been enjoying the view without them, I was quite happy with the artists (especially Squeeze - so not a disappointment in the least) and would recommend catching a show if at all possible.

Aimee Mann's set:
1. Stranger Into Starman
2. Looking for Nothing
3. Freeway
4. Phoenix
5. Save Me
6. It's Not Going to Stop
7. That's Just What You Are
8. Red Vines
9. Columbus Ave.
10. My Father's Gun (an Elton John remake)
11. Thirty-One Today
12. Borrowing Time
13. How Am I Different

Squeeze's set:
1. Strong in Reason
2. If I Didn't Love You
3. Revue
4. Up the Junction
5. Take Me, I'm Yours
6. I Think I'm Go-Go
7. Separate Beds
8. Piccadilly
9. It's So Dirty
10. Black Coffee in Bed (there was a bit of an extended jam on this one)
11. Annie Get Your Gun
12. Goodbye Girl
13. Melody Motel
14. Tempted (this one kind of surprised me - I didn't think they'd be pulling out the Carrack material.)
15. Slaughtered, Gutted, and Heartbroken
16. Is That Love
17. Cool for Cats
18. Another Nail in My Heart (my favorite!)
19. Hourglass
Encore
20. Slap and Tickle
21. Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)

No comments: