Friday, December 19, 2008

Fundamental (and Fundamentalism) (Pet Shop Boys)

Pet Shop Boys released Fundamental in 2006. The album contains such hits as "Minimal" and "I'm With Stupid," and is overall a very solid, mature PSB offering. Other great tracks include "The Sodom and Gomorrah Show," "Indefinite Leave to Remain," and "Integral." I don't know that the album did much to grow their fan base, but I'm certain it pleased the large one they already have. The edition I bought on a whim is the one which comes with a bonus disc of remixes entitled Fundamentalism, which is very much worth it, with the highlight for me being the remix of "In Private," which contains vocal contributions from Elton John. There are also two cool remixes of "The Sodom and Gommorah Show," as well as versions of "Psychological," "I'm With Stupid," "Fugitive," "Minimal," and "Flamboyant."

Tracks:
Fundamental
1. Psychological
2. The Sodom and Gomorrah Show
3. I Made My Excuses and Left
4. Minimal
5. Numb
6. God Walking
7. Luna Park
8. I'm With Stupid
9. Casanova in Hell
10. Twentieth Century
11. Indefinite Leave to Remain
12. Integral

Fundamentalism
1. Fugitive (Richard X extended mix)
2. Sodom (Trentemøller remix)
3. Psychological (Alter Ego remix)
4. Flamboyant (Michael Mayer kompakt mix)
5. I'm With Stupid (Melnyk Heavy Petting mix)
6. In Private (Stuart Crichton club mix)
7. Minimal (Lobe remix)
8. Gomorrah (Dettinger remix)

No comments: