Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace (The Offspring)

The Offspring's latest album, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, was released earlier this year. It was led by the big hit "Hammerhead" and later spawned the even bigger hit "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid." It was my extreme love for the latter song that ultimately convinced me to pick up this album, which is yet another consistent if not entirely wowing offering from the group. The only song on here that I would call a misstep is "A Lot Like Me," for which I don't much care. Otherwise, the songs range from decent to great. I also like "Hammerhead" more than I did now that I've heard it in the context of the album. Other highlights include "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay," "Fix You," "Half-Truism," and "Stuff Is Messed Up."

Tracks:
1. Half-Truism
2. Trust in You
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
4. Hammerhead
5. A Lot Like Me
6. Takes Me Nowhere
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
8. Nothingtown
9. Stuff Is Messed Up
10. Fix You
11. Let's Hear It for Rock Bottom
12. Rise and Fall

No comments: