Thursday, December 4, 2008

Greatest Hits (DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince)

While I would not have actively sought a hits collection for DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, I couldn't help but snap up the used Greatest Hits when I saw it. From a track selection standpoint, it does an excellent job of compiling their singles, as well as tossing on a couple Will Smith tracks from the Men in Black soundtrack. Musically, well, it's the fun rap one would expect from the pair. Such classics as "Summertime," "Parents Just Don't Understand," and "Girls Ain't Nothing but Trouble" are fair representatives of the disc as a whole, which stays enjoyable, save for a couple clunkers. Overall, this is a nice collection that will do most fans well.

Tracks:
1. Girls Ain't Nothing but Trouble (1988 extended remix)
2. Men in Black (by Will Smith)
3. Summertime
4. Parents Just Don't Understand (single edit)
5. Boom! Shake the Room
6. Just Cruisin' (by Will Smith)
7. Ring My Bell (Mr. Lee's radio mix)
8. Brand New Funk
9. Lovely Daze
10. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
11. A Nightmare on My Street (single version)
12. A Touch of Jazz
13. I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson
14. The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff
15. I'm Looking for the One (To Be With Me)
16. You Saw My Blinker
17. Summertime '98 (SoulPower remix)
18. Megamix (edit)

No comments: