Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Singles (Alison Moyet)

Finding a cheap copy of Alison Moyet's Singles compilations was quite exciting for me. After loving Yazoo's In Your Room box earlier this year, I was glad to get the chance to explore Moyet's solo career further, as I'd known very little of her stuff. Wow! She's released some amazing singles. Highlights include "Solid Wood," "Whispering Your Name," and "Is This Love," three tracks I'd not heard, in addition to prior favorite "Love Resurrection." There's not a bad song on here. "Falling" finds her sounding like another artist I greatly enjoy, Kirsty MacColl. Renditions of standards like "Love Letters," "That Ole Devil Called Love," and "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" further demonstrate Moyet's versatility. Highly recommended collection.

Tracks:
1. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
2. Only You (Yazoo)
3. Nobody's Diary (Yazoo)
4. Winter Kills (Yazoo)
5. Love Resurrection
6. All Cried Out
7. Invisible
8. That Ole Devil Called Love
9. Is This Love?
10. Weak in the Presence of Beauty
11. Ordinary Girl (7" edit)
12. Love Letters
13. It Won't Be Long
14. Wishing You Were Here
15. This House
16. Falling
17. Whispering Your Name (single version)
18. Getting Into Something
19. Ode to Boy II
20. Solid Wood

No comments: