Monday, December 1, 2008

"Without You" single (The Feeling)

"Without You" was the second single released from The Feeling's sophomore album Join With Us. The a-side is a solid song, though it maybe wasn't the best choice for single number two. B-side "Play Don't Think" is pretty cool. I like it, but I wouldn't rank it amongst my top Feeling songs. A remake of Joe Jackson's "It's Different for Girls" seemed like a mismatch to me, but it's actually passable. It doesn't touch the original, but it's a good version, so yay for that. Perhaps the highlight here is the Tom Middleton mix of "I Thought It Was Over," which is quite a cool remix. Overall, not the strongest single released by The Feeling, but still a goodie.

Tracks:
1. Without You
2. Play Don't Think
3. Different for Girls
4. I Thought It Was Over (Tom Middleton mix)

No comments: