Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Born to Do It (Craig David)

Craig David's Born to Do It was his first studio album, released in 2001. I was only turned onto David two or three years ago. I like his stuff, yet somehow, only some of the tracks on his albums stick with me. I've yet to hear an entire one that I love. This is why he doesn't tend to be a high priority guy for me, and I've stuck to buying his records from used bins.

That said, David's music is good. On this album, my favorite is one of the singles, "Walking Away." Well, that's discounting "Rewind," which is better known as modified into Artful Dodger's "Re-Rewind" featuring Craig David. That's one awesome track. There are some other good tunes, as well as some other not so great ones (e.g., "Booty Man). Overall, it's a pleasant album, though not earth-shattering. It's not likely to replace Slicker Than Your Average as my favourite of his albums, although I still don't have his latest release, Trust Me.

Tracks:
1. Fill Me In
2. Can't Be Messing 'Round
3. Rendezvous
4. 7 Days
5. Follow Me
6. Key to My Heart
7. Fill Me In (Part 2)
8. Last Night
9. Walking Away
10. Time to Party
11. Booty Man
12. Once in a Lifetime
13. You Know What
14. Rewind

No comments: