Monday, June 2, 2008

Consolers of the Lonely (The Raconteurs)

Along with the previous Vee-Jay set, this was a nice copied gift from a friend. It's good to finally have this, especially since I heard some of it live and all earlier this year.

My general impression is that Consolers of the Lonely is a somewhat more cohesive album than Broken Boy Soldiers, but it lacks a track like "Steady, As She Goes" that has the potential to conquer the world. Still, there's a lot to be said for a solid album, and overall I enjoy this one. I might even pick up a real copy somewhere down the road if it ever ends up really cheap somewhere. For now, I'll dig the tunage.

Tracks:
1. Consoler of the Lonely
2. Salute Your Salution
3. You Don't Understand Me
4. Old Enough
5. The Switch and the Spur
6. Hold Up
7. Top Yourself
8. Many Shades of Black
9. Five on the Five
10. Attention
11. Pull This Blanket Off
12. Rich Kid Blues
13. These Stones Will Shout
14. Carolina Drama

No comments: