Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Professional Widow" single (Tori Amos)

While I like some of the Tori Amos songs I've heard, she tends to be just a bit too much for me. I can only listen in small doses for the most part, except when I'm in a certain mood for her brand of zaniness. Still, when I saw this single, I had to pick it up for the remix of this song that brought it to hit status: Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' mix. Actually, Armand van Helden's and MK's mixes are all fine, although I do prefer Van Helden's, especially the hit mix. The album version, which opens the single, is about what one expects from Tori Amos, with her own brand of lyrics and delivery. It's a decent song, just not one that would survive heavy rotation for me. Anyway, I'd be willing to call Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' mix a dance classic (or perhaps future dance classic, depending on how long you think a song should stand the test of time before it can be called classic), and it's well worth the disc.

Tracks:
1. Professional Widow
2. Professional Widow (Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' mix)
3. Professional Widow (MK mix)
4. Professional Widow (Just Da Funk dub)
5. Professional Widow (MK Vampire dub)
6. Professional Widow (Armand's instrumental)
7. Professional Widow (Bonus Beats)

No comments: