Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Let Your Yeah Be Yeah" single (Ali Campbell)

Before seeing this single, I'd been unaware that Ali Campbell of UB40 had recorded solo. However, as I like what little UB40 I know and I like Jimmy Cliff, I thought it might be interesting to hear, so I gave it a shot. The result is pretty good. While I prefer Cliff's own version of his song, Campbell does a decent job with it. His version of UB40's "You Could Meet Somebody" is also cool. I don't know their original to know how it compares, but I liked hearing his. The last track, labeled "Let Your Yeah Be Yeah (version)," is instrumental, though it isn't simply the instrumental of the a-side as it clocks in at 3:59, while the a-side is 4:18. It works pretty well as an instrumental.

Tracks:
1. Let Your Yeah Be Yeah
2. You Could Meet Somebody
3. Let Your Yeah Be Yeah (version)

No comments: