Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Linear

The only thing I could have told you about Linear is that "Sending All My Love" is a cool freestyle track that I like despite myself. I could not have told you if they charted any other singles (they did) or anything else. Still, when I saw their self-titled 1990 album, I picked it up despite thinking it might be "Sending All My Love," its club mix, and a bunch of filler. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was not the case. Two surprisingly poppy songs that I like are "You're My Lady" and "Dream About Me." Another cool track is the second single, "Don't You Come Cryin'." The album overall isn't bad. It's not mind-blowing and it won't be on a critic's list of essential albums for music buyers, but it's a pretty good representative of its genre.

Tracks:
1. Sending All My Love
2. Something Going On
3. Heartache
4. You're My Lady
5. Dream About Me
6. Lies
7. Don't You Come Cryin'
8. I Never Felt This Way
9. Still in Love
10. Sending All My Love (1990 club remix)

No comments: