Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sweet Talkin' Girls: The Best of The Chiffons

One final copied CD set I received is Sweet Talkin' Girls: The Best of The Chiffons. This is a two-disc set, and it demonstrates clearly that The Chiffons were capable of making some of the most gorgeous pop songs. I love this set and highly recommend it, both for music and great song selection. Included are all of the great hits, major ("One Fine Day," "He's So Fine," "I Have a Boyfriend...") and minor ("When the Boy's Happy (The Girl's Happy Too)," "Nobody Knows What's Goin' On (In My Mind But Me)..."), and they're excellent. Some of the non-hits were just as amazing, including my two favorites, "Tonight I'm Gonna Dream" and "What Am I Gonna Do With You (Hey Baby)."

If you're at all a fan of girl group music, this set is a must-have. I don't know how I've gone so long without it.

Track listing:
1. He's So Fine
2. Oh My Lover
3. Lucky Me
4. One Fine Day
5. Why Am I So Shy
6. My Block
7. When I Go to Sleep at Night
8. Mystic Voice
9. A Love So Fine
10. Only My Friend
11. When the Boy's Happy (The Girl's Happy Too)
12. I Have a Boyfriend
13. I'm Gonna Dry My Eyes
14. Easy to Love (So Hard to Get)
15. Tonight I Met an Angel
16. Sailor Boy
17. When Summer's Through
18. Strange Strange Feeling
19. What Am I Gonna Do With You (Hey Baby)
20. Nobody Knows What's Going On (In My Mind but Me)
21. The Real Thing
22. Tonight I'm Gonna Dream
23. The Heavenly Place
24. Did You Ever Go Steady
25. Now That You're My Baby
26. Sweet Talkin' Guy
27. Down Down Down
28. Open Your Eyes (I Will Be There)
29. Thumbs Down
30. Dream Dream Dream
31. Out of This World
32. Just a Boy
33. Stop, Look and Listen
34. March
35. My Boyfriend's Back
36. I Got Plenty of Nuttin'
37. Keep the Boy Happy
38. He's a Bad One
39. If I Knew Then (What I Know Now)
40. Just for Tonight
41. Teach Me How
42. Up on the Bridge
43. Love Me Like You're Gonna Lose Me
44. Three Dips of Ice Cream
45. Secret Love
46. Every Boy and Every Girl
47. I Don't Deserve a Boy Like You
48. Remember Me Baby
49. So Much in Love
50. My Sweet Lord

No comments: