Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Your Favorite Thing" single (Sugar)

I can't remember when I first heard Sugar's "Your Favorite Thing," but I believe it had played on VH1 Classic or some sort of TV music station. I really liked the track, and I eventually scored a cheap copy of the album from which it came, File Under: Easy Listening. I'm pretty sure I like that album, but to be honest, I don't remember much about it other than "Your Favorite Thing." Perhaps that's why I've not picked up the Copper Blue album despite encountering it a few times. I'm not sure, therefore, why I decided to get the "Your Favorite Thing" single. The a-side was not remixed for single release, so only the b-sides are new. Still, I decided to give them a shot.

Tracks:
1. Your Favorite Thing
As I stated above, I really like this track, and it's the same version found on the File Under: Easy Listening album. Check it out.

2. Mind Is an Island
Pretty strong b-side. I like this track. Worth a repeated listen for sure, if I remember to give it one at some point. Maybe I should pull out FU:EL again too, eh?

3. Frustration
It's not a bad song, but it also doesn't particularly grab me. Not really my style, I suppose.

4. And You Tell Me (TV Mix)
It's a rockin' instrumental. I like it well enough.

No comments: