Sunday, October 5, 2008

Made in the Dark (Hot Chip)

I was pleasantly surprised to find a copy of Hot Chip's release from earlier this year, Made in the Dark, sitting in my uni bookstore. Rarely will I say this, but rather than attempt to recreate the wheel, I will defer to Wikipedia on describing it: their article, for a change, is quite comprehensive and informative.

My expectations were probably unreasonably high for this, so I didn't take to it as much as I expected, but overall it's still fairly enjoyable. Standouts: "Ready for the Floor," "Hold On," and "Don't Dance."

Tracks:
1. Out at the Pictures
2. Shake a Fist
3. Ready for the Floor
4. Bendable Poseable
5. We're Looking for a Lot of Love
6. Touch Too Much
7. Made in the Dark
8. One Pure Thought
9. Hold On
10. Wrestlers
11. Don't Dance
12. Whistle for Will
13. In the Privacy of Our Love

No comments: