Thursday, October 16, 2008

Songs of the Day

This time around, I'm doing a list as I browse this year's Grammy submissions. All of these are recent songs that I've enjoyed, and want to note, especially as a convenience to myself as should I want to attempt a year-end list.

All are year 2007 or 2008.

ARTIST: David Banner featuring Chris Brown & Yung Joc
TITLE: "Get Like Me"

ARTIST: Anthony David featuring India.Arie
TITLE: "Words"

ARTIST: Liam Finn
TITLE: "Second Chance"

ARTIST: Gnarls Barkley
TITLE: "Run"

ARTIST: Jennifer Hudson
TITLE: "Spotlight"

ARTIST: Eric Hutchinson
TITLE: "Rock and Roll"

ARTIST: Jack Johnson
TITLE: "If I Had Eyes"

ARTIST: Kid Sister featuring David Banner
TITLE: "Family Reunion" (this one wasn't actually submitted, but I stuck it in anyway)

ARTIST: O.A.R.
TITLE: "Shattered (Turn the Car Around)"

It's fairly safe to say that most of the current songs I've spotlighted on this blog throughout the year have no shot at a Grammy nomination, and even less at a win, although a good many great albums and songs were submitted.

No comments: