Friday, October 31, 2008

Set list: Nine Inch Nails

So, yeah, I was counting on somebody posting this set list. It seemed like NIN fans had a big enough Internet presence that I could count on doing that kind of thing. Wrong! Nobody kept a very good set list for this show. The ones before and after? Yep. Nashville? Nope! Suck-ass crowd (for this and other reasons).

So yeah, I went to Nine Inch Nails' Hallowe'en show, and despite some crowd problems and my lack of set list, it was awesome. They rocked hard and really had great effects to complement the performance. I particularly enjoyed hearing "The Hand That Feeds," which was followed up by "Head Like a Hole" as the last two songs before the encore. Great stuff. "Discipline" was also amazing live, as was "Hurt" during the encore. "Survivalism" was cooler than I expected and "March of the Pigs" was insaaaaane. However, maybe the best part was the Ghosts tracks. I hadn't heard them before, but the segments of the show when they were played were absolutely amazing. I may need to invest in that album.

The opening act, Health, was pretty cool. Not really my thing, but some nice modern progressive rock stuff. I felt bad for them, because the audience assholes were giving them a rough time. I cheered, anyway. I swear, some concertgoers are retarded and should be banned. Go home and listen to your albums if you want to have control over who's playing and what they're playing. Otherwise, buy your ticket and enjoy the show you're given, 'cause it ain't your set list to frickin' decide.

---
UPDATE: I see now that one of the NIN forums has updated its set list to look much more like what I remember. I'm gonna go ahead and post it here as it seems likely to be accurate.
1. 999,999/1,000,000
2. Letting You
3. Discipline
4. March of the Pigs
5. Head Down
6. The Frail
7. Closer
8. Gave Up
9. The Warning
10. The Great Destroyer
11. 5 Ghosts I
12. 25 Ghosts III
13. 19 Ghosts III
14. Ghosts Piggy
15. The Greater Good
16. Pinion/Wish
17. Terrible Lie
18. Survivalism
19. The Big Comedown
20. 31 Ghosts IV
21. Only
22. The Hand That Feeds
23. Head Like a Hole
--encore--
24. Echoplex
25. God Given
26. The Good Soldier
27. Hurt
28. In This Twilight

No comments: