Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Song of the Day: "You'll Ask for Me"

ARTIST: Tyler Hilton
TITLE: "You'll Ask for Me"
YEAR: 2007

I was introduced to Tyler Hilton by his radio-friendly 2004 tune "When It Comes." How that song didn't become the big hit it deserved to be I'll never know. My next exposure to him was as an actor, when he appeared in the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line. Great movie. Small but well-performed role.

Hilton's "You'll Ask for Me" comes from a One Tree Hill TV soundtrack. I heard it for the first time recently, and it struck a chord with me. I can't say just why, but I find it a very appealing song. I don't know if it was ever sent to radio or promoted in any significant way, other than being played on the television show. Regardless, it's a cool song that deserves to be heard.

Video here. The song is available on The Road Mix: Music from the Television Series One Tree Hill, Vol. 3.

No comments: