Friday, October 10, 2008

Songs for You, Truths for Me (James Morrison)

James Morrison's sophomore album Songs for You, Truths for Me kind of snuck up on me. I'd only heard about the project around the time lead single "You Make It Real" was making waves. I was excited to find out he had an album dropping in the near future, and I went ahead and looked up said single and was somewhat disappointed. It's not that I disliked it, but it didn't grab me. However, that didn't deter me from getting the album, and I very much enjoy it. For starters, "You Make It Real" sounds even better in the context of the album than as a single. As of right now, I think Undiscovered is the stronger album, but I would still recommend this one. Standout tracks include "Nothing Ever Hurt Like You," "The Only Night," and "Fix the World Up for You."

Tracks:
1. The Only Night
2. Save Yourself
3. You Make It Real
4. Please Don't Stop the Rain
5. Broken Strings (featuring Nelly Furtado)
6. Nothing Ever Hurt Like You
7. Once When I Was Little
8. Precious Love
9. If You Don't Wanna Love Me
10. Fix the World Up for You
11. Dream On Hayley
12. Love Is Hard

No comments: