Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Don't Stop Now" single (Crowded House)

One of my latest acquisitions is the CD single for Crowded House's "Don't Stop Now." Released in 2007, this is the lead single from their big comeback album Time on Earth. I still haven't gotten around to picking the album up, but I plan on doing so soon, as I really like Crowded House. Here are the tracks on the single:

1. "Don't Stop Now"
A very good song! True to the classic Crowded House sound. If it's at all representative of the new album, I know I won't be disappointed whenever I finally get it. Johnny Marr is credited with playing electric guitar on this track, which ups its cool factor.

2. "Lost Island"
Pretty cool b-side. Worth a listen.

3. "Mean to Me" (live from Real World Studios)
This is a live recording of the track from their 1986 self-titled album. It's a good song and this version is very nice. Makes me regret not seeing CH when they were touring to support the new album. Hopefully there'll be another...

4. "Stare Me Out"
This is my favourite of the b-sides. Very strong track.

No comments: