Sunday, January 20, 2008

Song of the Day: "Fight Outta You"

ARTIST: Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
TITLE: "Fight Outta You"
YEAR: 2007

It always happens that there are songs and artists that I should know while they're current, but don't. Such is the case with this Ben Harper tune. There's no real reason why I didn't hear it when it was released and being promoted, but I was late to the party. The first time I heard it was around the holidays, so either late December '07 or early January '08.

Anyway, I've been enjoying this song quite a bit. Before this, I, like many others, basically only knew Harper for "Steal My Kisses," despite his releasing many an album over the last dozen or so years. I really should try to become more familiar with his catalogue, though. He seems quite talented.

You can hear the song here. If you'd like to own it on CD, it's on 2007's Lifeline album.

No comments: