Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Love It When You Call" single (The Feeling)

I picked up the CD single for The Feeling's "Love It When You Call." It's one of my favourites from their first album, Twelve Stops and Home, and I'm really looking forward to their second. Tracks:

1. Love It When You Call
As I said, this is one of my favourite songs on an album I find overall very enjoyable.

2. The Child
An original tune from the guys that didn't make the album. Good song. Worth a listen.

3. Don't Give Up (acoustic version)
This is a version of the Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush song. It's pretty good. Taken on its own (i.e., not trying to compare it to the Gabriel & Bush rendition), it's enjoyable. Actually, upon second listen, it's enjoyable anyway, just different enough to take a bit of getting used to.

4. Love It When You Call (U-Myx)
Not sure exactly what this is. A live version from somewhere? Has some banter throughout. Whatever the source, it's a cool listen.

No comments: