Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Song of the Day: "Girlstown"

ARTIST: Super Cat
TITLE: "Girlstown"
YEAR: 1995

My brain must be stuck in 1990's mode. Yesterday's song of the day has also played a significant part of my day, but just as prevalent has been this one, Super Cat's minor mid-90s hit. Can't say Super Cat and The Sundays are very similar (well, except I suppose they're alphabetically close) but there you go. Anyway, this is a great dancehall song. It should have been a huge hit because it's also wildly fun, but dancehall rarely gets big in the States I suppose.

You can hear the song here. If you'd like to own it on CD, the song comes from his 1995 album Struggle Continues. I don't know what version is on the album, however, so it may be worthwhile to seek out a copy of the CD single instead (or in addition) which definitely contains the mix I believe to be the hit one, the BW Vibe Mix.

No comments: