Thursday, January 17, 2008

Music Town (Walter Hyatt)

I bought Walter Hyatt's 1993 album Music Town because I needed the song "Are We There Yet Momma" for some work I was doing. Walter Hyatt is a Texas countryman who headed Uncle Walt's Band. David Ball, who has achieved much solo success, was also a member, and he supplies harmony vocals on some of the tracks on this disc.

This is pretty traditional Texas country. It was decent but not really my thing. Probably not a disc I'll play a lot but Hyatt seems to have been talented. I learned from reading a bit about him that the plane crash that killed Hyatt is the same one that killed San Diego Chargers running back Rodney Culver. Sad.

Track list:
1. Get the Hell Outta Dodge
2. Must I Fall
3. When You're Down to Your Last Quarter
4. Are We There Yet Momma
5. The Evening Train
6. In Black and White
7. Teach Me About Love
8. I'm Calling
9. Out Where the Blue Begins
10. All the Time in the World
11. Here Today
12. Last Call

No comments: