Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Second Half 2007 Concert set lists

I've been trying to keep set lists from shows I've seen recently. Since I'm trying to mainly keep this about my year in music as it occurs (so I can look back and remember the whole picture) I thought I would dump my 2007 ones all in one post. Have a look at some of what I've heard live in the last few months.

The Police (14 July 2007)
1. "Message in a Bottle"
2. "Synchronicity II"
3. "Walking on the Moon"
4. "Voices Inside My Head"
5. "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
6. "Driven to Tears"
7. "Truth Hits Everybody"
8. "The Bed's Too Big Without You"
9. "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
10. "Wrapped Around Your Finger"
11. "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"
12. "Invisible Sun"
13. "Walking in Your Footsteps"
14. "Can't Stand Losing You"
15. "Roxanne"
Encore 1: "King of Pain"
"So Lonely"
Encore 2: "Every Breath You Take"
Encore 3: "Next to You"

Kanye West (12 October 2007)
1. "Through the Wire" (snippet)
2. "Champion"
3. "Diamonds from Sierra Leone"
4. "Can't Tell Me Noothing"
5. "Flashing Lights"
6. "I Wonder"
7. "Heard 'em Say"
8. "Homecoming"
9. "Drunk and Hot Girls" (extended improv)
10. "The New Workout Plan"
11. "Overnight Celebrity" (snippet) / "Slow Jamz"
12. "All Falls Down"
13. "Gold Digger"
14. "Good Life"
Encore
15. "Touch the Sky"
16. "Jesus Walks"
17. "Everything I Am"
18. "Big Brother"
19. "Stronger"

Serena Ryder (26 October 2007)
I lost this set list, unfortunately. Here are the songs I remember her doing:
1. "Melancholy Blue"
2. "Blown Like the Wind at Night"
3. Some song that didn't yet have a title
4. "Brand New Love"
5. "Lovesick Blues"
6. "Sing Sing"
I believe at some point she also sang "Weak in the Knees"

Sara Bareilles (26 October 2007)
1. "Vegas"
2. "Morningside"
3. "Bottle It Up"
4. "City"
5. "Love on the Rocks" with a chorus of "Bennie and the Jets" thrown in. Pretty cool.
6. "Love Song"
7. "Many the Miles"
8. "Gravity"

Paolo Nutini (26 October 2007)
1. "Alloway Grove"
2. "New Shoes"
3. "Rewind"
4. "These Streets"
5. Not sure what it's called. It included the phrases "get you to listen" and "give me your heart" in its lyrics.
6. "Natural Blues"
7. "Million Faces"
8. "55 to 1"
9. "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)"
10. "Rainbows"
11. "Lovin' You"
12. "You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover"
13. "Jenny, Don't Be Hasty"
Encore
14. "Last Request"
15. "Nashville Cats"
16. "Everybody's Talkin'"
17. "Funky Cigarette"

Stevie Wonder (1 December 2007)
1. "Love's in Need of Love Today"
2. "Too High"
3. "Visions"
4. "Livin' for the City"
5. "Masterblaster (Jammin')"
6. A funky instrumental followed by a medley including snippets from: "Nashville Cats" / "Walking the Floor Over You" / "The Rain" (the Oran "Juice" Jones song) / "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" / "We Are Family" / "Tear the Roof Off the Sucker (Give Up the Funk)"
7. "Higher Ground"
8. "Golden Lady"
9. "Ribbon in the Sky"
10. "Overjoyed"
11. Medley: "You and I" / "The Days of Wine and Roses"
12. "Send One Your Love"
13. Sara Beck sang her original song "To Love Somebody" with Wonder accompaniment
14. "If It's Magic"
15. "How Will I Know" with Aisha Morris
--solo by two drummers on what I believe were bongos--
16. "Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing"
17. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"
18. Medley: "Rehab" (Winehouse, only one line) / "I Ain't Gonna Stand for It" / country rework of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"
19. "My Cherie Amour"
20. Medley: "For Once in My Life" / "Uptight (Everything's Alright)" / "Do I Do"
21. "Sir Duke"
22. "I Wish"
23. "You Are the Sunshine of My Life"
24. "Superstition" with Mike Wagner
25. "As"

Ben Lee (2 December 2007)
Ben Lee established himself as the "king of the blue collar jam" :) He also had some sort of preoccupation with Jordin Sparks's "Tattoo," which he mentioned a few times during the show and even worked into the lyrics of "Catch My Disease." Ah, Ben Lee, so awesome.
1. "Bolt"
2. "How Can That Be?"
3. "American Television"
4. "Thrash Unreal"
5. "Close as I've Come"
6. "Gamble Everything for Love"
7. "Numb"
8. "What Would Jay-Z Do?"
9. "Into the Dark"
10. "Love Me Like the World Is Ending"
11. "Is This How Love's Supposed to Feel?"
12. "Burn to Shine"
13. "Ache for You"
14. "Deep Talk in the Shallow End"
15. "Matthew Modine"
16. "Sex Without Love"
17. "Surrender" (the Cheap Trick tune) with Kate Voegele and Cary Brothers (they opened but I didn't keep set lists for either. Voegele was kinda cool, but Brothers wasn't my thing.)
18. "Catch My Disease"
19. "We're All in This Together"

No comments: