Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Sunday Girl" single (Erasure)

I just picked up the CD single for Erasure's "Sunday Girl," a 2007 release from their album Light at the End of the World. While there are a select few singles I actually seek out, I wanted this one for its b-side, "Take Me on a Highway," which is quite a good song. I had also purchased the Storm Chaser EP as it had quite a few goodies on it, and the "I Could Fall in Love With You" single on impulse one day at the store, so I guess I've got the Light at the End of the World era represented pretty well in my collection. Anyway, this is a nice single and if you like the band, it's worth the few bucks for "Take Me on a Highway" and a few decent remixes of the a-side. I thought the radio edit made things a little abrupt, but that could just be because I'm used to the album version. However, the extended 12" mix is worth a few plays, as is the Riffs & Rays club edit.

Tracks:
1. Sunday Girl (radio mix)
2. Take Me on a Highway
3. Sunday Girl (extended 12" mix)
4. Sunday Girl (Riffs & Rays club edit)
5. Sunday Girl (Riffs & Rays dub edit)

No comments: