Sunday, January 27, 2008

Grand Ole Opry

Went to the Grand Ole Opry on Friday. It started at 8:00, but I got there at 8:30. Still, it was a cool experience, seeing so many classic country folks. Here's what I saw, song-wise:

Connie Smith: "Run Away Little Tears" and "Once a Day"
Andy Griggs: "I'll Go Crazy" and "You'll Never Be Lonely"
Little Jimmy Dickens: "We Could"
Bill Anderson: "Give It Away"
Jack Greene: "There Goes My Everything" and "Statue of a Fool"
The SteelDrivers: "If It Hadn't Been for Love" and "Blue Side of the Mountain"
Bill Anderson: "Deck of Cards"
Vince Gill: "When I Call Your Name"
Jesse McReynolds and The Virginia Boys: "Ashes of Love" and "Orange Blossom Special"
Ms. Patti Page!!!: "Mockin' Bird Hill" and "Tennessee Waltz"
Vince Gill: "Go Rest High on That Mountain"

No comments: