Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Essential Mary Chapin Carpenter

At the same time I bought Mary Chapin Carpenter's Come On Come On, I also picked up The Essential. I might not have done so had I know just how much I'd love that album as a whole. Anyway, the tracks on here are awesome, as I'm quickly determining is a good word for MCC. However, while it may contain some essential tracks, I would say that I (and others) would be better off just buying her albums. This is a nice stopgap until I can get around to getting the actual albums from which these tracks come, but it's not a complete enough collection. Just knowing the tracks it left off from Come On Come On is enough for me to determine that.

So, as far as my conclusion: The music on here is all top notch. However, my recommendation would be to skip over this disc and go straight to collecting MCC's catalogue.

Tracks:
1. Stones in the Road
2. The Long Way Home
3. Shut Up and Kiss Me
4. I Take My Chances
5. I Feel Lucky
6. Almost Home
7. Halley Came to Jackson
8. I Am a Town
9. Quittin' Time
10. Down at the Twist and Shout
11. He Thinks He'll Keep Her
12. Only a Dream
13. Late for Your Life
14. The Hard Way
15. Passionate Kisses
16. 10,000 Miles

No comments: