Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Place in the World & Stones in the Road (Mary Chapin Carpenter)

Having thoroughly enjoyed my first round of Mary Chapin Carpenter acquisitions, I went ahead and got two more albums from her catalogue: A Place in the World (1996) and Stones in the Road (1994). While I wouldn't call either quite as consistent as Come On Come On, they're both solid albums worth owning. I would recommend trying COCO first, and should you find you enjoy it, then continue with more of MCC's albums.

Standouts from A Place in the World include "Keeping the Faith," "I Want to Be Your Girlfriend," "Let Me Into Your Heart," and "What If We Went to Italy." Standouts from Stones in the Road include "House of Cards," "A Keeper for Every Flame," "Shut Up and Kiss Me," and "The Last Word."

Track listing for A Place in the World:
1. Keeping the Faith
2. Hero in Your Own Hometown
3. I Can See It Now
4. I Want to Be Your Girlfriend
5. Let Me Into Your Heart
6. What If We Went to Italy
7. That's Real
8. Ideas Are Like Stars
9. Naked to the Eye
10. Sudden Gift of Fate
11. The Better to Dream of You
12. A Place in the World

Track listing for Stones in the Road:
1. Why Walk When You Can Fly
2. House of Cards
3. Stones in the Road
4. A Keeper for Every Flame
5. Tender When I Want to Be
6. Shut Up and Kiss Me
7. The Last Word
8. The End of My Pirate Days
9. John Doe No. 24
10. Jubilee
11. Outside Looking In
12. Where Time Stands Still
13. This Is Love

No comments: