Saturday, February 2, 2008

Made of Bricks (Kate Nash)

So I'm finally putting up an album from this year (well, technically I blogged about The Rakamonie EP before this, but I bought this first), only it's technically an album from 2007 that only got its U.S. release in '08. Eh, close enough. Kate Nash's Made of Bricks was a must-get for me thanks to lead single "Foundations," my #2 song of 2007. Other highlights on the singer-songwriter's debut include "We Get On," "Mouthwash," "Skeleton Song," and "Pumpkin Soup." I'm not gonna say I love the album, but I definitely like it. I'm content with the purchase.

Tracks:
1. Play
2. Foundations
3. Mouthwash
4. Dickhead
5. Birds
6. We Get On
7. Mariella
8. Shit Song
9. Pumpkin Soup
10. Skeleton Song
11. Nicest Thing
12. Merry Happy

An edit from the future: While I usually don't go back to these posts, which tend to be snapshots of first impressions, in this particular case, I have to say that this album grew on me with further listening. I would amend my standout tracks at this point by removing "Skeleton Song" (good but others are better) and adding "Merry Happy."

No comments: