Thursday, February 28, 2008

Song of the Day: "Another Nail in My Heart"

ARTIST: Squeeze
TITLE: "Another Nail in My Heart"
YEAR: 1980

While Squeeze has many ace tunes, I'm fairly certain "Another Nail in My Heart" is my favorite, edging out "Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)" for the title. Both of those songs have great tunes and lyrics, as can be said of so many Squeeze songs, but "Another Nail in My Heart" just catches my fancy ever-so-slightly more.

Anyway, this song is great and I've been giving it a spin or two fairly regularly of late. I'm only now realizing just how great the lyrics actually are, perhaps explaining the more frequent play than usual; however, discovery aside, the song definitely stands as one of the greats.

Click here for a listen. Many Squeeze compilations have been issued containing this track should you want to own it.

No comments: