Thursday, February 21, 2008

Imaginary Kingdom (Tim Finn)

I've wanted Tim Finn's Imaginary Kingdom album for a while on the strength of the amazing lead single, "Couldn't Be Done." However, funding kept preventing me from actually investing. I finally picked it up at a good price when I went to his concert the other day.

This album was definitely worth the wait. Tim Finn proves once again that he is a truly masterful craftsman of words and music, and I say this as someone who knows much less of his work than I should. There's really no track on here I dislike, although I do like some more than others. One of the beautiful things about the album as a whole is that all of the songs work together. This never sounds like a mere collection of songs, but rather shows itself to be a work of art in that respect. Given the unhealthy state of the album, I very much appreciate artists who take the time to craft it in such a way, even those whose music I don't like as much as this.

Anyway, here are the tracks:
1. Couldn't Be Done
2. Still the Song
3. Astounding Moon
4. Midnight Coma
5. Salt to the Sea
6. Horizon
7. Dead Flowers
8. Resting (Your Hand Lightly)
9. Show Yourself
10. Winter Light
11. So Precious
12. Unsinkable

No comments: