Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Set lists: Tim Finn with Eileen Rose

Instead of doing my homework, I used tonight to seize the opportunity to see Tim Finn in concert. I do not regret it at all. He put on a great, great show. There's a reason he's lasted so long in this business.

I'd not heard of his opening act, Eileen Rose, before, but she also had a good set. Apparently, Tim Finn actually contacted her via Myspace and invited her to tour with him. Pretty cool, eh?

Anyway, here are the set lists:

Eileen Rose
1. "sink right to the bottom" is one of the song's lyrics
2. "I need a prophet" and "forget about me" are phrases in the song
3. "pale yellow sun" is a lyric... and I believe the chorus talked about rain ... can you tell I don't know these titles? Sorry this is such a useless set list
4. Shining - one actual title for ya!
5. I'm the Only One - woohoo, two!
6. "it doesn't mean a thing" is in the lyrics
7. "Simple Touch of the Hand" - 3 actual titles!

Tim Finn
(In case it's helpful, I'll mention the songs that were originally by Split Enz or Crowded House, even though they're all basically his songs)
1. Couldn't Be Done (this shows you how out of touch I am. I was sure he'd be saving this for his closing number)
2. Poor Boy (Split Enz)
3. Weather With You (Crowded House)
4. Six Months in a Leaky Boat (Split Enz)
5. Winter Light
6. Saw to the Tree
7. How Will You Go (Crowded House)
8. Dirty Creature (Split Enz)
9. Salt to the Sea
10. So Precious
11. Persuasion
12. Horizon
13. I See Red (Split Enz)
Encore
14. Not Even Close
15. Parihaka
16. It's Only Natural (Crowded House)

No comments: