Thursday, February 21, 2008

Song of the Day: "Run Runaway"

ARTIST: Slade
TITLE: "Run Runaway"
YEAR: 1984

I don't know what's up with me being taken with random songs and feeling the need to play them repeatedly, but this seems to be a trend with me recently. The latest lucky tune is Slade's "Run Runaway." I've always liked the little bit of Slade I know, particularly "Mama Weer All Crazee Now," so I suppose it shouldn't surprise me too much that I was so susceptible to the lure of another of their songs. I heard this one over the weekend and it has planted itself firmly in my head.

If you'd like to hear the song, click here. If you'd like to own it on CD, I would recommend The Slade Box, a lovely four-disc career-spanning set over which I've been salivating. However, if you've not committed yourself to Slade to the degree where such a large purchase is your thing, there are many cheaper alternatives out there, including the single disc Gets Your Boots On: The Best of Slade.

"Seeeee chameleon lying there in the sun..."

No comments: