Friday, February 1, 2008

Lovin' Her Was Easier / After All These Years (Tompall & The Glaser Brothers)

Inspired by recent events, I hurried up the process of getting the Lovin' Her Was Easier / After All These Years CD to supplement my previous spotlight album, The Best of Tompall Glaser & The Glaser Brothers. As mentioned there, this CD contains some of the hits absent from that one. Also present are some more great remakes as well as some original songs.

Highlights include the big hit, "Lovin' Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again)," the beautiful Jimmy Payne-penned "Feelin' the Weight of My Chains," a great version of the Tom Paxton classic "The Last Thing on My Mind," the lovely Metcalf/Whipple composition "United We Fall," the amazing harmonies on "Tryin' to Outrun the Years," the pretty sentiment of "I Still Love You (After All These Years)," the Jim Glaser-penned "Happy Hour Blues," and a lovely rendition of Gallagher and Lyle's "Stay Young."

If you like good country music and good harmonies, you'll like this. Get it while it's in print.

Tracks:
1. Lovin' Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again)
2. It'll Be Her
3. Busted
4. Feelin' the Weight of My Chains
5. Just One Time
6. The Last Ting on My Mind
7. United We Fall
8. Drinkin' Them Beers
9. Tryin' to Outrun the Wind
10. A Mansion on the Hill
11. I Still Love You (After All These Years)
12. Can't Live With 'Em (Can't Live Without 'Em)
13. Rosali
14. Naked Emotions
15. Happy Hour Blues
16. Oh, America
17. Can I Sleep Here Tonight
18. Stay Young
19. I Could Never Live Alone Again
20. Maria Consuela

No comments: