Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Song of the Day: "Right Next Door (Because of Me)"

ARTIST: Robert Cray Band
TITLE: "Right Next Door (Because of Me)"
YEAR: 1987

I just saw today that tickets will soon be going on sale for a Robert Cray concert in Nashville after my classes end but before I'll actually be going home. Haven't decided if I'll be buying a ticket yet, but right now I'm leaning toward that.

More about that later, perhaps, but the reason I share that is it was that announcement that made me want to spin one of his hit singles, "Right Next Door (Because of Me)." This is one great song. For starters, Robert Cray is one helluva guitarist. His blues-rock, his smooth vocals, the great lyrics ... damn, it just comes together well here.

If you'd like to hear the song, click here. If you'd like to own it on CD, there are several options, including the album on which it originally appears, Strong Persuader, and such compilations as Definitive Collection.

No comments: