Saturday, February 16, 2008

Set list: Rick Springfield

I saw Rick Springfield perform and let me just say that he is not only awesome in concert, but seems like a very cool person. He also did a lot of cool guitar theatrics. Here's the set list:

(Thanks to Amy for the comment letting me know what #11 was)

1. Who Killed Rock and Roll
2. Will I
3. Affair of the Heart
4. Kristina
5. I've Done Everything for You
6. Rock of Life
7. Fire (the Jimi Hendrix song)
8. Living in Oz
9. Crossroads (as popularized by Cream)
10. Saint Sahara (this is a new song that he performed for the first time. It was written for a young girl who recently died of brain cancer. Her mother was in the audience.)
11. Red House (the Jimi Hendrix tune)
12. Don't Talk to Strangers ... this one went on for a long time as he entered the audience and kept having random people sing the title, as well as other forms of interaction with the people (e.g., coaxing a shy guy into singing by telling him ladies love guys who sing, inviting a 12-year-old birthday girl on stage to dance and sing with him, etc. What an awesome 12th birthday, eh?)
13. Medley: Bop 'Til You Drop / Celebrate Youth / Calling All Girls / Don't Walk Away / State of the Heart / What Kind of Fool Am I / I Get Excited / Bop 'Til You Drop
14. Intro to Saturday Night (the BCR tune) / I Can't Explain (the Who song). He also took this opportunity to mock his movie Hard to Hold and tell a story about Keith Richards (with a guitar lick from "Satisfaction" to accent it)
15. Love Somebody
16. My Generation (The Who song) ... he at this point had a guy from the audience give him his cell phone and used it to play guitar... then had a woman give him her cell and randomly called someone.
17. Human Touch ... this was the song where he went through most of the audience, including people (like me) on the second floor. I was within inches of Rick Springfield!
18. Jessie's Girl
Encore
19. Perfect
20. Love Is Alright Tonite

The Squirts opened. I don't really know their song titles, but here are a few lyrical snippets from each song they sang which may or may not be helpful in identifying them:
1. "I am left here barely breathing"
2. "The Way I See You" - I think that's an actual title
3. "worst of times" "i'd do it all again"

1 comment:

Aim said...

I think the song you are referring to in #11 is "Red House"...