Sunday, April 20, 2008

The 13th (The Cure), Ingram Hill Unplugged, Don't Let Me Down / You and I (CD1) (Will Young)

I celebrated National Record Store Day yesterday with a trip to The Groove. It was pretty cool. I really just love record stores, and I spent hours browsing and could have spent more time had I not needed to get back to my room. I actually spent most of my time wading through boxes of 45s that they have. Fun stuff.

Anyway, to consolidate space, this post will knock out 2 singles and an EP that I picked up as part of my NRSD celebration:

The Cure: "The 13th" single
It's a two-track single. The a-side is "The 13th (Swing Radio Mix)" and, if you're a Cure fan, you've probably already heard this 1996 release. It was sent out in support of Wild Mood Swings, which many consider to be one of the weaker Cure albums. I can't judge the album, but I do like the song. The flip side is a cool track titled "Adonais."

Ingram Hill Unplugged
I've been lazy and cheap and therefore have still failed to pick up Ingram Hill's latest album, Cold in California. However, I still recommend their previous one, June's Picture Show, which contains some quality tracks. This EP includes 4 acoustic versions of songs from that release.

Tracks:
1. Almost Perfect (acoustic)
2. Will I Ever Make It Home (acoustic)
3. On My Way (acoustic)
4. Chicago (acoustic)

Will Young: "Don't Let Me Down" / "You and I" (CD1)
This single was released in 2002 as the official BBC Children in Need charity single. I prefer "Don't Let Me Down" to "You and I." They're both decent tracks. B-side "If That's What You Want" is also pretty cool. I'm pleased. Hearing these tracks reminded me that I still really want Gareth Gates's third album, which in turn made me feel pathetic.

No comments: