Saturday, April 26, 2008

Stronger (Carlene Carter)

I was glad that Carlene Carter's Stronger was on sale at the Elvis Costello show, which she opened, as I've been wanting to get it. The album is great! It contains new material from Carter with one older track, an update of "I'm So Cool" from the 1980 Musical Shapes album. The style is some hybrid of rock and country, leaning more towards one on some tracks and the other on others. For Carlene Carter fans, this is far from unfamiliar territory. The wonderful thing is that she pulls off both styles very well, delivering a highly satisfying album.

I think my favorite track on here is "Judgement Day," followed closely by the title track. I can honestly say I like every song, though.

At the moment I write this, the Yep Roc Records website is down. However, when it is up, you can go there to stream the entire album should you want to check it out. My suggestion is you do!

Tracks:
1. The Bitter End
2. Why Be Blue
3. To Change Your Heart
4. Bring Love
5. I'm So Cool
6. Spider Lace
7. On to You
8. Judgement Day
9. Break My Little Heart in Two
10. It Takes One to Know Me
11. Light of Your Love
12. Stronger

A digital-only bonus track is also available for anyone who purchases the album before March 2009. That song is a pretty remake of Paul Thorn's "When the Long Road Ends."

No comments: