Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Want Too Much (A House)

I have to admit that I bought A House's I Want Too Much without having actually heard any A House material. It was a gamble, but a relatively cheap one, so I was willing to take the chance. The first striking thing about the album for me was the lead singer's vocal style. I don't know much about music, so I'm not sure how to describe it, but it immediately made me think of Ironhorse's "Sweet Lui-Louise," if that gives any indication. The second thing that struck me was that the title track was unique, and I couldn't decide if I really liked it or really didn't. However, as I got further into the album, I found some songs that were more up my alley (which isn't to discredit the opening cut "13 Wonderful Love Songs," which I also enjoyed). Standout songs for me would be "Marry Me," "I Think I'm Going Mad," and "Small Talk."

Track listing:
1. 13 Wonderful Love Songs
2. I Want Too Much
3. Talking
4. The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
5. Shivers Up My Spine
6. Marry Me
7. I Give You You
8. Now That I'm Sick
9. I Think I'm Going Mad
10. Bring Down the Beat
11. Manstrong
12. Keep the Homefires Burning
13. You'll Cry When I Die
14. Small Talk

No comments: