Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Song of the Day: "Top of the World (Make My Reservation)"

ARTIST: Canyon
TITLE: "Top of the World (Make My Reservation)"
YEAR: 1975

"Top of the World (Make My Reservation)" was a very minor hit for the group Canyon in 1975. However, it's a catchy rocker that I very much enjoy. It got stuck in my head earlier today and helped distract me during a rather boring lecture.

I thought I'd try to find some info about Canyon for this post, but that's proving quite a task. According to a book by Joel Whitburn, the members of Canyon were Richard Carmichael, Randy Davidson, Bill Frazier, and Mark Lance. When I plugged a couple of those names into Google, I came up with this website devoted to a garage band from the 1960s called The Es-Shade, who have apparently reunited and still make appearances. My best educated guess would be that the Carmichael and Lance from that group are the same who were in Canyon.

Other than that, I can't find much information.

Somebody was kind enough to post this song to Youtube here if you'd like to hear it. I'm not aware of any CD that contains this tune.

No comments: