Saturday, April 26, 2008

Set list: Robert Cray Band

On 25 April, I got to see the Robert Cray Band perform. Despite sitting next to a drunken ass, the show was amazing. Cray's set included traditional blues numbers and the blues-rock for which he's best known. He and the band kicked serious ass with some awesome guitar, keyboard, and drum work in addition to Cray's emotive and well-delivered vocals. He also played "Right Next Door," which I love, so yay for that.

Set:
1. Phone Booth
2. The Twelve Year Old Boy ... awesome guitar work here
3. I Was Warned ... also particularly awesome. As I recall, this one sounded Santana-esque.
4. Poor Johnny
5. Right Next Door (Because of Me)
6. Midnight Stroll
7. Bad Influence
8. Twenty
9. The One in the Middle
10. Back Door Slam
11. Smoking Gun
Encore
12. Sitting on Top of the World
13. I'm Walkin'
14. Time Makes Two

No comments: