Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sense (The Lightning Seeds)

The Lightning Seeds' 1992 album Sense spawned the hit single "The Life of Riley." While I knew the title, I had not heard the song before. I was not even familiar with any of the other titles on this disc prior to listening. However, I was willing to take a chance on this album thanks to my recent infatuation with the song "Pure."

When I first heard "Pure," my thoughts were that it sounded like New Order being sung by Pet Shop Boys. For me, this was awesome, because I love both. This isn't an original comparison, however, as others have used similar ones to criticize The Lightning Seeds. Oh well.

Anyway, Sense is a solid album filled with more tunes in a similar vein. Standout tracks for me include the title track, "The Life of Riley," "A Cool Place," "Happy," and "Tingle Tangle."

Track listing:
1. Sense
2. The Life of Riley
3. Blowing Bubbles
4. A Cool Place
5. Where Flowers Fade
6. A Small Slice of Heaven
7. Tingle Tangle
8. Happy
9. Marooned
10. Thinking Up Looking Down

No comments: