Thursday, April 10, 2008

Set list: Etta James & The Roots Band

I went to see Etta James & The Roots Band perform on Tuesday. It was a great show! James is still in excellent voice, and her stories were very entertaining as well. It would be fun just to hear her reminisce for a while. She's very engaging and certainly still has plenty of spark and sass left in her.

Anyway, the set. The first two numbers were performed by The Roots Band before James came out.
1. Cissy Strut
2. Second Roots Band instrumental (don't know which it was)
3. Come to Mama
4. I'd Rather Be a Blind Girl
5. I Want to Ta-Ta You Baby
6. You Can Leave Your Hat On
7. Piece of My Heart
8. A Lover Is Forever
9. At Last
10. Baby What You Want Me to Do
11. You Don't Have to Go
12. Sugar on the Floor

Some great songs there, and like I said, part of the entertainment came from hearing her stories about the songs and the people she's known. Great stuff.

No comments: