Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Best of The McCoys

Two factors combined to result in my purchasing The Best of The McCoys: 1) I saw a used copy sitting in a record shop. 2) The track listing is quite good, including all the singles and other notable tracks I would have wanted on a McCoys collection. I'm quite pleased with the purchase. While my purchasing habits these days don't reflect my strong 1960s pull like they once did, it's always fun for me to score a nice collection of good '60s music. The songs collected here include some pop, some garagesque pop, and some psychish pop. Highlights include "Sorrow," "If You Tell a Lie," "I Can't Explain It," "Come On Let's Go," "I Got to Go Back (And Watch That Little Girl Dance)," and "Don't Worry Mother (Your Son's Heart Is Pure)."

Tracks:
1. Meet The McCoys
2. Hang On Sloopy
3. I Can't Explain It
4. Fever
5. Sorrow
6. Up and Down
7. If You Tell a Lie
8. Come On Let's Go
9. Little People
10. Smokey Joe's Cafe
11. Mr. Summer
12. Everyday I Have to Cry
13. (You Make Me Feel) So Good
14. Runaway
15. Gator Tails and Monkey Ribs
16. Ko-Ko
17. Bald-Headed Lena
18. Say Those Magic Words
19. Don't Worry Mother (Your Son's Heart Is Pure)
20. I Got to Go Back (And Watch That Little Girl Dance)
21. The Dynamite
22. Beat the Clock

No comments: