Friday, July 4, 2008

Greatest Hits & "The Only One" single (The Cure)

My time for music listening was recently cut severely as I spent a month being productive. I am officially backed up in my listening and will be having some fun catching up in the coming days. I did, however, manage to listen to a couple of Cure acquisitions while I was away: Greatest Hits and the single for "The Only One."

Greatest Hits is an 18-track compilation that includes many great Cure selections. For someone like me, with very little Cure, it's a great start in getting their major singles. It includes some of their most well-known songs, and there's not a track on there that isn't worth hearing. Of course, not every great Cure single is included, with the brilliant "Pictures of You" one of the most glaring omissions. Still, as an intro disc for the Cure, Greatest Hits works.

Tracks:
1. Boys Don't Cry
2. A Forest
3. Let's Go to Bed
4. The Walk
5. The Lovecats
6. In Between Days
7. Close to Me
8. Why Can't I Be You?
9. Just Like Heaven
10. Lullaby
11. Lovesong
12. Never Enough
13. High
14. Friday I'm in Love
15. Mint Car
16. Wrong Number
17. Cut Here
18. Just Say Yes

"The Only One" was released 13 June. Many people have compared the a-side to "High," and it's a valid comparison. It's a good track. The b-side, "NY Trip," is also pretty cool.

Tracks:
1. The Only One (Mix 13)
2. NY Trip

No comments: