Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Def Dumb & Blonde (Deborah Harry)

Deborah Harry is likely best known as the lead singer of Blondie, but much of her solo work is also worthy of note. Def Dumb & Blonde was released in 1989, and it's a great album. The opening track (and likely best known) "I Want That Man" sets the bar high, yet the album rises to that challenge and succeeds. My favourite track is "I'll Never Fall in Love," but other highlights include "Get Your Way," "He Is So," and "Brite Side." The closing track, the epic "End of the Run," is like a modern Shangri-Las song, and is a strong closing for a strong album.

Tracks:
1. I Want That Man
2. Lovelight
3. Kiss It Better
4. Bike Boy
5. Get Your Way
6. Maybe for Sure
7. I'll Never Fall in Love
8. Calmarie
9. Sweet and Low
10. He Is So
11. Bugeye
12. Comic Books
13. Forced to Live
14. Brite Side
15. End of the Run

No comments: