Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In Your Room (Yazoo)

Yazoo's In Your Room is a box set representing most of the duo's recorded output. Quite simply, Vince Clarke and Alison Moyet made some of the best synthpop you could ever hope to hear. It's basically one stunning track after another. Disc one is the group's first album, Upstairs at Eric's, which contains one of my favourite tracks of all time, "Only You." Other than the a bit too odd for me "I Before E Except After C," the entire album is wonderful. Disc two is the equally wonderful You and Me Both, on which I believe my favourite track is "Walk Away From Love," although there are so many contenders. Disc three is b-sides and remixes, including the singles "Situation" and "The Other Side of Love." More wonderful music. Finally, a DVD is included with a short film, some promotional videos, and some live performances. I've not gotten a chance to watch yet, but it's cool to have. In case by gushing throughout isn't enough indication, I'd highly recommend this set.

Tracks:
Disc 1: Upstairs at Eric's
1. Don't Go
2. Too Pieces
3. Bad Connection
4. I Before E Except After C
5. Midnight
6. In My Room
7. Only You
8. Goodbye '70's
9. Tuesday
10. Winter Kills
11. Bring Your Love Down (Didn't I)

Disc 2: You and Me Both
1. Nobody's Diary
2. Softly Over
3. Sweet Thing
4. Mr Blue
5. Good Times
6. Walk Away From Love
7. Ode to Boy
8. Unmarked
9. Anyone
10. Happy People
11. And On

Disc 3: B-Sides and Remixes
1. Situation
2. Situation (extended version)
3. Don't Go (re-mix)
4. Don't Go (re-re-mix)
5. Situation (US 12" mix)
6. Situation (original US dub)
7. The Other Side of Love
8. The Other Side of Love (re-mixed extended version)
9. State Farm
10. Nobody's Diary (extended version)
11. State Farm (extended version)
12. Situation (re-recorded remix)

No comments: