Friday, July 18, 2008

Song of the Day: "Please Don't Fight It"

ARTIST: Dino, Desi, & Billy
TITLE: "Please Don't Fight It"
YEAR: 1965

I dragged out my Dino, Desi, & Billy CD for a short shopping trip with my mother. I was aiming for something '60s that she probably hadn't heard since it was popular. The only song she remembered well was "She's So Far Out She's In," but "Please Don't Fight It" was the song to evoke the most response from her, as she enjoyed laughing at its somewhat awkward meter and lyrics. I don't think it was so much the song itself as the times when songs like this were hip. Anyway, the incident was enough to get the song stuck in my head, and so it gets featured here now.

The song can be purchased on the Dino, Desi, & Billy compilation The Rebel Kind: The Best of Dino, Desi, & Billy.

No comments: